Effective as of April 19, 2023.
Who we are
Twin Flower Botanicals LLC is a woman-owned company based in Western North Carolina. We grow fresh & dried medicinal herbs and cut flowers. We also have a limited line of small-batch handcrafted herbal body products and other household gifts. Our website address is: https://twinflowerbotanicals.com. You can contact us through our contact form.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- We collect contact information to be able to communicate with you. For example, if you sign up for a mailing list, create an account, or enter a promotion, you may be asked to provide your name, address, email, cell phone number, and/or date of birth. We retain this information until you choose to unsubscribe from our mailings or delete your account. We do not share or sell your information with any third-party providers for marketing purposes.
- We collect personal data to process and ship your orders, inform you about the status of your orders, correct addresses and conduct identity verification and other fraud detection activities. This involves the use of certain Personal Data and payment information, which will be shared with third parties for the purposes of order fulfillment. See Shipping below for more detailed information.
- We collect personal data when you interact with our third-party social networking features, such as “Like” or “Share” functions, to serve you with advertisements and engage with you on third-party social networks. You can learn more about how these features work, the profile data that we obtain about you, and find out how to opt-out by reviewing the privacy notices of the relevant third-party social networks.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Third party links
The website may contain links to third party websites or resources for your convenience. We may serve as an affiliate for some of these third party websites by offering or advertising their products or services on the website; however, we do not own or control these third party websites. Once you click on a third party link and leave this website, you are no longer bound by our terms and conditions.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You agree that we are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content or any information presented on these third party websites. You assume all risks for using these third party websites or resources and any transactions between you and these third party websites are strictly between you and the third party. We shall not be liable for any damages resulting from your use of these third party websites or resources.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We do not share data unless compelled by law. We only ask for personal information if it’s needed to provide a service.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, payment providers you use for your eCommerce operations, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, and data escrow services that allow us to provide domain registration services, and your hosting provider if your site is not hosted by Automattic), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites (such as the extensions on WooCommerce.com), who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. We retain this information for as long as you want us to communicate with you and do not sell this information for any marketing purposes.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How to opt out of data collection
If you have a Twin Flower Botanicals account, you can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications by modifying your preferences in the “view or change my profile” section of our Sites. You can also opt-out by modifying your email or SMS subscriptions by clicking on the unsubscribe link or following the opt-out instructions included in the message. Alternatively, you can contact us using our contact form to ask us to delete your information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as hosting our website with a secure webhost that monitors the servers for potential vulnerabilities and attacks, keeping up-to-date with our plugins, themes, and WordPress, and through installation of a SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate.
We have setup the site with a SSL Certificate to protect the data transmission and will never share your information or our own login information with anyone other than our developers when needed.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If this site gets hacked we will notify you via email right away and work with our web host and developers to fix the hacking issue. Our host has a number of security mechanisms in place to protect their servers and our website. However, you should know that we do not hold any credit card information in WordPress’ backend, that information is managed through the payment provider (PayPal, Stripe, Square, etc.) you choose to pay through during checkout.
Twin Flower Botanicals LLC (“company”, “I”, “we” or “us”) provides general educational information on various topics on this website as a public service, which should not be construed as medical or health advice. These are my personal opinions only. The term “you” refers to anyone who uses, visits and/or views the website.
All content and information on this website is for informational and educational purposes only, does not constitute medical or health advice of any kind and we do not warrant that the information presented herein is free of any errors or omissions. A professional-client relationship with you is only formed after we have expressly entered into a written agreement with you that you have signed including our fee structure and other terms to work with you in a specific matter. Although we strive to provide accurate general information, the information presented here is not a substitute for any kind of professional advice, and you should not rely solely on this information. Always consult a professional in the area for your particular needs and circumstances prior to making any medical or health related decisions
What we collect and store
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email, and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal, Stripe, and Square. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to those third-party payment processors, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Please see their respective privacy policies for more details:
We use a third-party shipping service to manage order fulfillment. For us to ship your order, we need to share the Personal Information you provide for shipping during checkout such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number with them. Please see their website for additional information.
If you have opted into our marketing emails, you can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing messages.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
“Do Not Track”
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take. To learn more about DNTs and how to turn on/off your DNT settings via your browser settings visit this webpage.